GS108T 8-Port Smart Switch
Follow these instructions to set up your smart switch.
Prepare to Install Your Smart Switch
• Prepare a PC with an Ethernet adapter and a CD ROM drive.
• Before proceeding with the smart switch installation, familiarize yourself with
the contents of the Resource CD, especially the manuals that accompany this
First, Install the Smartwizard Discovery Utility on a PC
1. Power on your PC, let the operating system boot up, and log in as needed.
2. Insert the Resource CD for the Smart Switch Series into your CD drive. The
3. Run the Setup program to install the Smartwizard Discovery utility. Follow
the prompts to complete the installation.
4. Click OK when done.
Next, Connect Your Smart Switch in the Correct
These instructions assume you are using DHCP in your network. If you are using
static IP addressing in your network, configure the switch IP address before
connecting it to your network. In the absence of a DHCP server, the switch will
default to 192.168.0.239 for its IP address.
To configure the switch before connecting it to your network:
1. Set up the PC with an IP address in the 192.168.0.x subnet, and connect the
PC to the switch.
2. Then, use the Smartwizard Discovery utility to configure the switch.
To connect the switch to your network:
1. Connect each device to an network port on the switch front panel.
2. Connect the smart switch to your network.
3. Connect the external power supply and power on the switch.
4. Verify that the PC with the Smartwizard Discovery utility is on the same
subnet as the switch.
Now, Configure the Switch with the Smartwizard
1. Double click the Smartwizard Discovery icon on your desktop or in
Windows Start menu Programs to run the utility and view this screen.
2. Click Discover to find your switch in the network.